Requisition Number: 46944
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
As an Advanced Analytics Solution Architect, your main responsibilities will be:
- Working closely with domain experts and supporting personnel to understand the underlying business problem or opportunity, previous approaches to addressing them, and assess the potential of advanced analytics to enable accelerated performance improvements
- Analyzing existing IT and OT data source systems and define requirements for data interfacing, ingestion, maintenance and enhancement
- Working with IT and OT data engineers as well as data scientists on requirements capture and solution development for data validation, profiling, cleansing and enrichment to facilitate advanced analytics delivery at scale
- Hands-on data engineering to source and land data in the datalake, as well as contextualize and create solutions for our business partners
- Working alongside deployment engineers and domain experts using six sigma and other continuous improvement methods to define and implement a series of system and process enhancements that ensure actionable insight can be reliably delivered and acted on
- Working with those same deployment engineers and domain experts to quantitatively assess the results of improvement actions against expectations, and recommend further actions to achieve goals
- Collaborating with other teams, defining technology roadmaps, sharing experiences and lessons learned for continual improvement
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate technical degree in electrical, computer or mechanical engineering
- 5+ years of experience working with manufacturing automation systems, test and metrology systems, MES, SCADA, statistical process control and six-sigma
- 3+ years of experience working with large scale data and analytics systems
- 3+ years working with SQL, reporting and BI systems such as PowerBI or Tableau
- 3+ years of programming experience with a high-level language such as Python
- 2+ years working with scripting and automation systems
Additional Technical Qualifications
- Familiarity with agile software development and CI/CD
- Strong relationship building, technical collaboration and communication skills
- Proven success working in highly matrix environment.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making abilities.
- Must demonstrate a proven willingness to go the extra mile, to take on the things that need to be done and maintain a positive attitude that can adapt to change.
- Strong leadership and excellent verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to develop and sell ideas.