Requisition ID: 240616
Requisition Posting End Date: 10/20/2021
The ML2 project involves the design and construction of a launch platform for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). The purpose of ML2, located at Kennedy Space Center (KSC), is to provide a launch platform for the Space Launch System (SLS), an advanced launch vehicle that will fill America’s need for deep space missions. ML2 includes many different subsystems that must operate and fit within the constraints of the structure and provide a physical interface with KSC launch sites’ ground systems.
Works independently to provide administrative and secretarial support of a responsible and confidential nature to help ensure the smooth functioning of a project team. Duties require accuracy, judgment, a high degree of initiative, discretion, diplomacy, and knowledge of protocol. Must anticipate changing priorities and project needs.
Job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain correspondence and related reference files as required by project procedures.
- Review accuracy and format of outgoing documents.
- Review and distribute incoming hard copies and electronic mail. Forward as appropriate to department leads and follow up to confirm action has been taken.
- May be responsible for the handling and filing of confidential personnel files.
- Schedule meetings using Outlook and reserve conference rooms.
- Order catering for meetings and confirm that after meeting the conference room is ready for the next meeting.
- Coordinate and organize meetings (on and off-site), including conference calls and video conferences, equipment, and catering. This will include the preparation and distribution of meeting notices, agendas, information packets, and meeting minutes.
- Assist with planning and organizing social outings or project functions for the project.
- Independently maintain a hard copy or electronic calendar for the project team.
- Make travel arrangements for ground, air, and lodging for project personnel, visitors, or customers.
- Complete travel expense reports using the Concur system.
- Arrange for Special Couriers (FedEx/UPS/DHL/etc.).
- Order and maintain office supplies. Prepare electronic expense reports for reimbursement.
- Provide timecard input or proxy for the project manager and/or team, as required.
- Prepare and proofread standard forms, correspondence, and reports.
- Assemble, copy, and distribute documentation packages.
- May coordinate project seating requirements.
- Work closely with IS&T to assure that employees have access to computers and shared drives.
- Work closely with O&AS, IS&T, and HR to coordinate employee services needs for on-boarding and off-boarding of employees.
- Scan and enter documents into an electronic document management system. Verify the information is accurate and legible. Provide reports of information contained within the electronic document management system.
- Adhere to all safety and security processes and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have the right to work and remain in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
- High school diploma and a minimum of 5 years office administrative/secretarial experience. Experience must have been obtained within the past 10 years.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic to intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. A skills assessment will be administered to test proficiency.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and proper use of syntax. A skills assessment will be administered to test proficiency.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and work effectively with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Extensive experience in all phases of administrative and secretarial functions.
- Ability to coordinate manager-level meetings and adhere to project protocol.
- Must be proactive, have above-average organizational skills, use individual initiative, and follow through on assignments until completion.
- Must be able to multitask while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to work effectively in an extremely fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Must be flexible and willing to take on unexpected and/or unanticipated assignments as needed.
- Must be able to demonstrate professionalism and be able to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to independently anticipate problems and changing priorities.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime with little or no notice.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience arranging travel and processing expense reports using an electronic system.
- Experience working for an engineering manager or engineering team and familiar with technical terms, vocabulary, and engineering documents.
- The ability to extract, compile and analyze non-technical and semi-technical data for complex reports.
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s organizational structure, functions, and procedures is a plus.
- Experience working with electronic document management systems.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.