Requisition ID: 248799
Requisition Posting End Date: 01/19/2022
Bechtel is on the Northrop Grumman Corp. team preparing to deliver the U.S. Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) system of intercontinental ballistic missiles and launch infrastructure. GBSD is a vital U.S. Air Force program designed to modernize the nation’s aging force of inter-continental ballistic missiles, which make up the ground element of the nuclear deterrent. As part of the Northrop Grumman GBSD nationwide team, Bechtel will provide launch system design, construction, and integration.
A major contractor for the United States and allied governments, Bechtel has handled such efforts as chemical weapons demilitarization projects, missile-defense, infrastructure, base operations, procurement and project management, and restoration and recovery spanning half a century. We use our expertise to help our customers securely and effectively transform mission delivery.
Works independently to provide administrative support of a responsible and confidential nature to assist management. Duties require accuracy, judgment, a high degree of initiative, discretion, diplomacy, and knowledge of protocol. Anticipates changing priorities and pro-
actively works to resolve issues. Relieves senior managers of daily work activities through the handing and referral of action items. Involved in matters of a highly sensitive and confidential nature. This position is will be located at the Project Management Office in Ogden, UT.
- Works independently to provide a wide variety of administrative services of a responsible and confidential nature for the management team, through research, analysis, and coordination with other Bechtel entities, departments, and disciplines.
- Responsibilities entail use of judgement and initiative within provided guidelines.
- Keep abreast of key issues, commitments, and priorities of manager(s). Research information and compile summary reports.
- Extract data from reference material, whether semi-technical or non-technical in scope. Compile, analyze and prepare or help prepare information for presentations, studies, or reports.
- Maintain file of important matters for manager’s attention.
- Responsible for independently monitoring all follow-up actions to ensure completion.
- Coordinate complex travel arrangements and travel itineraries. Prepare detailed expense reports utilizing Concur or other expense software.
- Assist employees with standard Bechtel forms.
- Coordinate requests from client, manager, and in-house personnel.
- Coordinate and organize meetings, conference calls and video conferences; arrange for conference rooms, and equipment as needed. Prepare, collect, review, and distribute meeting agendas, information packets and taking of meeting minutes. May operate a variety of audiovisual equipment.
- Prepare and proofread standard forms, correspondence, reports, etc. Assemble, copy, and distribute documentation packages. Receive, sort, and distribute mail, process incoming and outgoing facsimiles, transmittals, and correspondence.
- Review deliverables and monitor quality to ensure that all documents conform to established standards and procedures. Documents must be formatted for an executive level audience.
- Screen phone calls and visitors. Independently complete requests as needed, refer appropriate requests to other staff members, forward appropriate requests to management.
- Create and maintain logs and track documentation. Set-up and/or maintain electronic and hard copy files.
- With an understanding of goals and priorities and the manager’s commitments, compose and distribute complex correspondence using provided software applications.
- Independently anticipate problems / changing priorities and alert manager as appropriate.
- Independently schedule and reschedule appointments based on the manager’s commitments and priorities.
- Determine action on important or emergency matters or know whom to contact in absence of manager(s).
- Accurately maintain employee data for your department, tracking and providing reminders to employees as needed. This data may include badging, training, and HR and OAS required data entry.
- Use of individual judgement and initiative in relation to assigned tasks.
- May handle highly sensitive, business proprietary information.
- Must be able to work effectively in an extremely high-paced, high-energy environment.
- Must be flexible and willing to adjust to changing priorities.
- Ensure administrative coverage during absences.
- Operate standard office equipment, including automation tools.
- Keep abreast of advances in relevant office automation technology, equipment, and software applications.
- Performs other O&AS tasks as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Level 1: High school diploma or equivalent and five (5) years of relevant experience; or an associate degree in a related field and one (1) year of relevant experience
- Level 2: Bachelor’s degree or in lieu of a bachelor’s degree, six (6) years of relevant experience.
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education
- Must be able to demonstrate intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. A skills assessment will be administered to determine proficiency
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and proper use of syntax. A skills assessment will be administered to determine proficiency
- Demonstrated knowledge of administrative functions (office equipment, answering managers phones, filing systems and common office procedures).
- Must be able to demonstrate professionalism and be able to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime with little or no notice.
- Effective communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and exercise a high degree of individual discretion, diplomacy, judgement, and accuracy.
- Knowledge of technical vocabularies and terminology common to the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction environments.
- Ability to provide clear direction to others.
- Possess a Secret Clearance, or the ability to obtain one.
- Must be proactive, have above average organizational skills, use individual initiative, and follow assignments through completion.
- Proven administrative capability including the ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to operate effectively in an extremely fast-paced, high energy environment.
- Must be flexible and willing to shift gears and take on unexpected and/or unanticipated projects as needed.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and work effectively with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Must be able to effectively work with abstract and sometimes ambiguous situations in a positive manner and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to coordinate executive-level meetings.
- Current experience and knowledge of processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s organizational structure, functions, and procedures.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.