Join a diverse and dynamic team that makes and delivers the most valuable services in the world: electricity and natural gas. At Consumers Energy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our employees work around the clock to provide service to our customers in honor of our history and to fulfill our promise to Michigan – Count on Us! Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy and headquartered in Jackson, Michigan, provides natural gas and electricity to nearly 6.8 million of Michigan’s 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.
This position will report to the Zone Fleet Field Leader and will routinely support zone wide fleet activities including the daily management of tasks, Internal Customer Communications (oral and written), workload balancing and supporting mechanics.
The Fleet Scheduler will report out of Royal Oak Service Center and have responsibilities Royal Oak, Macomb, and St. Clair garages. The Fleet Scheduler completes work responsibilities within standard practices, procedures and programs. Works under general supervision. Uses independent judgement to quantify, plan, schedule, and prioritize workload.
The Fleet Scheduler will be responsible for all activities that are involved in the daily operation of our maintenance garages. The position will be responsible for managing daily schedules, making decisions on specific repairs, managing vendors and invoicing, client interaction, various administrative tasks, ensuring that processes and procedures are followed (OSHA and DOT) and promoting a safe work environment.
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- Degree in Automotive related field preferred or experience of three or more years in Fleet related experience considered.
- Performs administrative support functions and more complex tasks including establishing relative priorities of current and anticipated workload and organizing and conducting assignments according to deadlines.
- Sets up office systems including file maintenance, correspondence deadlines, and project management for own work.
- Provides backup phone and customer support.
- Prepares and composes letters, reports, and correspondence and performs other clerical administrative support duties as directed from time to time.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Performs or establishes procedures for all clerical functions and actions including phones, filing, and general word processing, tracking of information, maintaining logs/spreadsheets, and other similar administrative support.
- Under general direction, prepares special or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources such as reports, documents, correspondence, other areas of the Company, etc.
- Ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to appropriate staff members; ensures that information is furnished in a timely manner; decides whether a higher authority should be notified of important or emergency matters.
- Periodically evaluates process and program effectiveness and takes action to maintain continuous improvement. Follows all safety rules and procedures and contributes to the safety of co-workers and the general public.
- Participates as an active administration team member by contributing to program development and organization planning.
- Performs responsibilities in a manner that clearly shows effective communication and cooperation and that promotes open exchange of information, respect, high ethical standards and professionalism.
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Individuals should exemplify safe work practices and follow the Company’s compliance standards.
- Regular attendance is expected.
Hours and Travel
Meet travel requirements of the position. Work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 10 pounds on a regular basis such as files, books, office equipment. The recommended maximum weight for employees to lift without the aid of other employees or a lifting device is 35 pounds. The recommended maximum weight for employees to lift without the aid of other employees or a lifting device is thirty-five pounds.