Requisition ID: 234137
Requisition Posting End Date: 04/14/2021
Bechtel is on the Northrop Grumman Corp. team preparing to deliver the U.S. Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) system of inter-continental ballistic missiles and launch infrastructure. GBSD is a vital U.S. Air Force program designed to modernize the nation’s aging force of inter-continental ballistic missiles, which make up the ground element of the nuclear deterrent. As part of the Northrop Grumman GBSD nationwide team, Bechtel will provide launch system design, construction, and integration.
A major contractor for the United States and allied governments, Bechtel has handled such efforts as chemical weapons demilitarization projects, missile-defense, infrastructure, base operations, procurement and project management, and restoration and recovery spanning half a century. We use our expertise to help our customers securely and effectively transform mission delivery.
This position works independently to provide receptionist support (greet customers, new employees, visitors, issue badging, handle mail/parcel shipping and receiving) and miscellaneous supplemental administrative support for the project that are of a responsible and confidential nature. Duties require accuracy, judgment, a high degree of initiative, discretion, diplomacy, and knowledge of protocol while adhering to company, project and department policies and objectives. This position is located at the Project Management Office in Ogden, UT. This position will be on a 9/80 work schedule (Monday – Thursday, 7:00 AM to 4:35 PM and every other Friday, 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM)
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide daily support to building reception/front desk area, involving meet and greet of employees and visitors
- Assist with badging needs for new employees and visitors
- May monitor CCTV cameras and provide backup to Security
- Provide backup office and administrative support as directed
- May order project office supplies and maintains supply cabinets
- Responsible for monitoring all follow-up actions as required by management.
- Maintain hardcopy and/or electronic working files
- May perform and/or assist in routine audits of all access cards/badges in conjunction with Security
- May provide back-up to Facilities and Department Admins (e.g., conference room scheduling, setup, and cleanup, assist with weather/emergency-related events)
- Operate standard office equipment (e.g., fax machine, copier, scanner, desk camera)
- Inspect all incoming packages and mail entering the office area as needed
- Perform access control duties for controlled areas to include visitor check-in
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to work in a stationary work environment for most of the time.
- Customer-focused, courteous and helpful.
- High school diploma or equivalent and five (5) years of relevant experience; or an associate degree in a related field and one (1) year of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
- Must be able to demonstrate intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. A skills assessment will be administered to determine proficiency.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills including spelling, grammar, punctuation and proper use of syntax. A skills assessment will be administered to determine proficiency.
- Ability to maintain composure and follow security protocol in emergency situations
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrative knowledge of administrative functions, filing systems, and common office procedures
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Must be proactive, have good organizational skills, use individual initiative, follow assignments through to completion, and be attentive to detail, quality control, and deadlines
- Possess a high degree of flexibility, having strong interpersonal skills, and a proven record as a team player
- Ability to work overtime on short notice
- Purchase, track, and reconcile using Bechtel’s B-card system
- Ability to lift and walk with 35+ lbs.
- Previous work experience on a Bechtel DOD project
- Previous experience working in a customer service-oriented field
- Working knowledge of Visio and/or workspace planning software
- Previous experience using and generating expense reports using Concur
- Possesses a Secret Clearance, or the ability to obtain one
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s organizational structure, functions and procedures
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.