Your challenge is here!
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Coordinator, the Accounts Payable Technician is responsible for performing the necessary financial transactions in accordance with internal controls. In addition, you are responsible for the accuracy of the transactions produced and contribute to the management of issues in your business process cycle.
Why work at Cascades
- Work-life balance (telecommuting, flexible hours);
- Group insurance and pension plan with company contributions, after 3 months of service;
- Internal and external training available;
- Accessible gym space and/or financially covered sports activities;
- Profit sharing plan, available after 1 year of service;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Training center;
- Long-term career management plan;
- Work environment focused on sharing knowledge and valuing individual and team success;
- Contribute to the success of a Quebec-based, multinational, environmentally responsible company.
The Accounts Payable Technician will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of data entered into the systems in accordance with corporate policies
- Provide efficient and high quality service to business partners
- Analyze transaction requests and record them appropriately
- Produce transactions accurately in accordance with internal controls and service levels
- Apply procedures and standards
- Document solutions
- Organize all activities in accordance with service levels to effectively and efficiently meet the needs of your department
- Maintain documentation, forms and business rules
- Collaborate with various stakeholders and business partners related to your activities
- Suggest improvements to your department’s processes
- Identify and report any irregularities in transactions immediately
Your baggage and your strengths
The Accounts Payable Technician will possess several of the following qualifications and skills:
- Degree in administration or related field;
- 1-3 years experience in a similar role;
- Functional English, both verbal and written;
- Proficiency in the Office Suite, including Excel;
- Knowledge of SAP or other ERP software (an asset);
- Demonstrate autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Strong sense of organization and priorities.
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner. Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both women and men.
To be part of Cascades is to reveal the full potential of materials, people and ideas. We are source of possibilities. Since 1964, we have been providing sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in packaging, hygiene and recovery.
Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more than 90 operating units located in North America and Europe.