Role Value Proposition:
The Billing Analyst is responsible for the timely and accurate billing of all fees and other receivables (such as reimbursement of non-guaranteed annuity payments). The Billing Analyst is also responsible for the timely and accurate remittance of all non-tax withholdings. Other key responsibilities are multiple-way suspense account reconciliations, metrics compilation and tracking, and completion of manual journal entries. The Billing Analyst will also work with internal and external business partners to identify, research, and resolve accounting issues. Additionally, this position will have the opportunity to work on special projects as needed.
- Timely preparation, calculation, and transmission of invoices to customers for non-guaranteed annuity payments and various administrative and asset based fees.
- Timely preparation and transmission of remittances for non-tax withholdings.
- Tracking of payments received and follow-up with customers regarding delinquent payments.
- Calculation and billing of interest and late fees due as applicable.
- Reconciliation of receivable and payable suspense accounts (includes reconciliations between various administrative systems and the General Ledger as well as utilization of the Recon Plus reconciliation system).
- Suspense reconciliation – identification, research and resolution of issues
- Manual journal entry processing – including identification of preparation discrepancies and working with preparers to train them on proper accounting as needed
- Additional projects from time to time as assigned by management.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- High school diploma
- 3+ yrs. related experience
- Bachelor's Degree with a major in Accounting, Finance or related field and/or equivalent work experience is required
- Must have work experience with billing, collection and remittances
- Experience in basic financial and mid level accounting required
- Experience with account reconciliation a plus
- Demonstrate financial accounting skills and knowledge
- Ability to quickly learn multiple systems and software to use them in identifying,
- researching, and resolving outstanding cash and suspense issues
- Must be detail oriented and results driven
- Demonstrate ability to accurately complete large volumes of work
- Must possess and demonstrate strong analytical skills and the ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Excellent organizational, oral and business writing communication skills
- Ability to identify and strive to exceed client expectations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required (pivot tables and graphing)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access preferred
- Experience with PeopleSoft and/or Check Free Recon is a plus
- Must have a positive attitude and embrace challenges
- Experience with journal entries preferred.
- Experience with suspense accounting is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while meeting multiple deadlines is required
- Must be team oriented and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Finally, willing and able to learn new systems such as Solomon and Recon Plus as well as mainframe proprietary payment and accounting sub-ledger systems
“At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $651 billion of total assets under management as of September 30, 2020. We are ranked #48 on the Fortune 500 list for 2020. In 2019, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fourth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 116411