Headsight Accounting Manager
Overall Role Description:
Headsight Harvesting Solutions, a division of Precision Planting, is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as the Accounting Manager. This individual will be responsible for the accuracy and integrity of all financial information for the Headsight business. The person should enjoy working in a very dynamic, fast-paced environment. We are looking for a hands-on, roll up your sleeves type of manager who is comfortable living in the details and has the ability to understand the big picture.
Headsight has built a global reputation for designing and developing world-class, harvesting row guidance and height sensors used in corn and grain harvesting. Headsight’s success has been driven by their passion for improving farmers’ harvesting operations around the world.
- Provide monthly management reports and metrics analysis to the Headsight and Precision Planting Leadership Team in support of sales volume, cost understanding, and variance analysis
- Provide financial analysis to the Headsight Leadership team and be the voice of Finance in key business decisions
- Oversee all functions of accounting systems including general ledger and the preparation of the monthly financial statements
- Prepare, review and finalize monthly financial statements and present to the Precision Planting Controllership team
- Drive for efficiencies and optimization of overall finance support utilizing new system tools and functionalities while ensuring financial integrity is maintained at all times in all reporting systems
- Provides financial expertise on strengthening and expediting business processes and procedures
- Provides expertise and support during external and internal audits, Balance Sheet review and other statutory requests
- Ensures compliance with all Corporate Policies, Financial SOX controls and GAAP
- Responsible for yearly inventory costing and inventory counts
- Acts as Headsight liaison with AGCO Corporate Treasury and responsible for weekly cash flow forecasting
- Lead the annual budget and monthly forecasting process for Headsight
- Drive effective Capital Expenses planning tied to business objectives
- 7+ years of Accounting or Finance experience
- Solid financial knowledge including GAAP
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Understanding of manufacturing and cost accounting
Desired skills/education/experience/attributes (ideal candidate):
- CPA or MBA a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop business partnerships with both finance and non-finance customers.
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline-oriented environment
- Results-oriented – Autonomous and self-driven with an “act as owner” mentality. Problem-solving skills
- Agility – Ability to perform in ambiguous situations often with incomplete information. Willingness to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and changing priorities
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills
- Need to be confident with the ability to persuade and influence others
- Desire to drive continuous process improvements
- Working knowledge of Netsuite
AGCO is an equal opportunity employer.