CONNECT WITH A CORPORATION THAT BELIEVES IN DEVELOPING ITS PEOPLE; FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY FOR AN ACCOUNT MANAGER IN NASHVILLE, TN!
Air Draulics is an Applied Fluid Power Company, a leading hydraulic components distributor specializing in automated motion control systems design and automatic lubrication systems for a diverse selection of industries.
We are looking for an Outside Sales Representative to help take us to the next level. In our role, you’ll partner with an experienced inside sales team that has strong product, vendor, and system knowledge to satisfy our current customers as well as gain new ones.
More About Your Role:
You will be responsible for building a territory and growing earnings by developing repeat relationships in existing accounts and opening new business. Use your consultative selling approach when calling on engineers, purchasing, and others to learn about your customers’ applications and analyze their needs.
- Achieve sales and profit goals by developing existing customers, opening new business, and customer retention
- Conduct sales and service activities, develop strong customer relationships, identify product applications, and introduce new products and services
- Partner with manufacturer reps and our support team to help spec in products / systems that will enhance customer performance
- Prepare quotes and proposals, follow up and negotiate terms, and close transactions
- Organize and conduct training sessions for customers, survey market and competitive conditions
- Complete reports regarding itineraries, expenses, sales calls, leads and other related reports
- Monitor customer complaints, follow up on outstanding orders, and make emergency calls, night calls, and deliveries as required
- 3+ years of sales experience in similar industries
- Experience selling tangible products
- Hands-on product demonstrations for customers and prospects; mechanical aptitude
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but can be substituted with equivalent experience.
- Selling fluid power and control or heat or cooling systems. Pumps and motors, rotary products and automation control systems a plus!
- Fluid Power certification
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Relationship-building skills at all levels with customers and prospect organizations
- Planning and organization skills
- Effective listening, negotiating, communication (verbal and written) skills
Work for a corporation that believes in developing its people. Applied employees believe in the company and love the environment. Individual contributors with fresh ideas and passion for excellence are encouraged and rewarded. We look forward to learning more about you and will respond to qualified candidates. Apply today!
As the world’s largest fluid power distributor, the Applied Fluid Power® network of companies provide dedicated fluid power support and custom designed solutions that meet customer performance goals and keep industry running. Capabilities include system integration, manifold design, machining and assembly, electronic controls, fabrication, fluid filtration, programming, high speed hose assembly, engineering, repair services, and more. Additionally, Applied Fluid Power® has one of the largest teams of Certified Fluid Power Specialists, Certified Electronic Control Specialists and Certified Fluid Power Mechanics to assist with problem solving, system building, troubleshooting, and other custom requirements.
Applied Fluid Power® is a part of Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT), a leading value-added distributor and technical solutions provider of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, automation technologies, and related maintenance supplies. Our leading brands, specialized services, and comprehensive knowledge serve MRO and OEM end users in virtually all industrial markets through our multi-channel capabilities that provide choice, convenience, and expertise.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.