Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
As an Account Director Senior – Enterprise, you will be responsible for managing business development activities for high-profile named accounts and/or specific market segment(s) that lead to the expansion and growth of new business. Accountable for the coordination and strategy on assigned key account(s). Responsible for the overall development and implementation of the account plan.
The Main Responsibilities
- Identifies, bids on, negotiates, and closes new sales opportunities in order to meet and exceed established sales and revenue quotas. Provides comprehensive account plans and strategies to win new business from new and/or existing accounts.
- Broadens and deepens existing customer relationships in order to gain strategic positioning as well as retain existing revenue and attain additional business.
- Provides input to sales management about trends and changes taking place within the customer’s organization, and makes recommendations about future courses of action necessary of the company towards improving its position with the customer.
- Provides accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities in order to meet or exceed sales quota requirements.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the company’s entire product suite. May have more in-depth knowledge on a subset of products and/or services.
- Drives account management responsibilities including solution creation, solution offering, configuration management, order issuance, service delivery, service management, and revenue recognition. Demonstrates a balance of strategic and tactical thought leadership.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 10 years of sales experience in the technology industry
- Knowledge and understanding of the telecom industry’s competitive landscape.
- Demonstrated strong communication, written, and formal presentation skills as well as proficiency in selling to the close.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction.
- Proficient in MS office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- At least 50% of time conducting sales activities outside of the office.
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 276994
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.