Department: KS Drug/GM
Post End Date:
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Store Management
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Embrace the Customer 1st strategy in order to create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching established sales and profit goals, and monitor and control all quality assurance standards. Assist in directing, supporting and supervising all functions, duties and activities for the Drug/GM department. Responsible for assisting with the execution of best practices, goals and standards established for the department. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Communicate company, department, and job specific information to associates.
- Establish performance goals for department and empower associates to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation.
- Help train and develop associates with their job and participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
- Inform customers of Drug/GM specials.
- Recommend Drug/GM items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a department business plan to achieve desired results by collaborating with the department manager and department associates.
- Inform and educate department associates about current, upcoming and special in-store promotions.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Schedule daily, weekly and monthly price changes by updating shelf tags and promotional signs.
- Plan, organize and supervise the inventory process.
- Train department associates on inventory/stocking and Computer Assisted Ordering.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to handle stressful situations
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Management experience
- Retail experience
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level: None
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None