Req Id: 339583
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell IT team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell’s communications services for businesses and consumers. We’re looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
Bell is looking for a innovative, self-motivated and talented individual to work as a 5G Solution architect . The 5G Solution architect will act as the subject matter expert and be responsible of the E2E Solution related to the 5G Applications, MEC, Next Generation Edge Network and Hyperscaler (AWS, Microsoft and Google) MEC platforms.
- Responsible for End to End architectural Solution design, issues and solutions considerations; apply industry best practices to create scalable and secure solutions that have superior technical performance.
- Work with the Business, IT Teams and others Bell Organization in order to Build an End to End solution that supports the Business needs and align the Enterprise view.
- Troubleshoot miss-specified component architectures and rapidly correct them.
- Craft software/platform/infrastructure architecture plans to support business outcomes. Candidates should have project experience with new and emerging technologies such as big data and could platforms, coupled with a development background.
- Understand business strategy
- Link actions to longer-term goals and strategy.
- Understand complex enterprise solutions and architecture
- Communicate effectively with all team members in order to deliver high quality solutions and to articulate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes.
- Participate and lead in 5G,MEC and slicing related industry standard meetings and forums, assessing start-up companies, and propose 5G services architecture for Bell.
- 5+ years experience as IT Solution Architect.
- 5+ years design & implementation experience with distributed applications.
- Ability to interpret customer business and technical needs.
- Good understanding and Experience with the different integrations Patterns.
- Good understanding and Experience of the databases ( SQL, non SQL)
- Strong ability to produce operable architectures that meet both the needs of the business reality line and the orientations of the enterprise Architecture view.
- Collaborative attitude, willingness to work with team members; able to coach, participate in integration details, share skills and methods
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, in a cross-functional scrum/agile environment, both written and oral
- Continuous learner of technical items and processes
- Ability to solve problems and promote effective communication
- Ability to experiment with emerging technologies and understand the impacts on the future phases.
- Strong analytical skills, copes with complex situations through deliberate analysis and planning, strong problem solving skills.
- Understanding of UMTS/HSPA/LTE/IMS/5G core network architecture.
- Working knowledge and understanding of one or more technologies such as NFV/SDN, M2M/IoT, V2X and MEC;
- Technical knowledge and experience of wireless telecommunications industry and standards;
- Knowledgeable in using Cloud Native technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- NMS/EMS/OSS/BSS operations and service assurance knowledge is valuable.
- Experience in Agile / Scrum / Kanban / Iterative project delivery.
- Certification in TmForum Frameworx or TOGAF
- VNF and NFVi testing methodologies and tools knowledge: ONAP, OPNFV, ETSI NFV ISG, ONF, Ixia, Spirent, and automation.
- Experience in the Telecommunication.
- Experience and good Knowledge for the following items:
- Object-oriented and Scripting programming languages.
- Messaging queues.
- Rest and SOAP API
- Data modeling standards.
- Understanding of the network.
#indeed #Tech #Technology #Architect #5G #IT #SolitionArchitect #SQL #UMTS #HSPA #LTE #5G #MEC #V2X #NFV #SDN #Dockers #kubernetes #ONAP #Automation
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Verdun || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 01/31/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.