Department: NASH Store Management
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: District Manager
Position Supervises: Store team
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of the store including training and developing effective store associates to achieve desired sales and EBITDA results. Assess daily the stores’ ability to meet/exceed customer expectations for ease of shopping, variety, freshness, cleanliness, food safety and regulatory compliance. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
- Lead store teams in the planning, implementation and execution of merchandising and operation initiatives.
- Work with store assistant managers, department managers and store associates to identify opportunities in the store, develop timely solutions and create action plans to ensure implementation.
- Achieve/exceed weekly, period, and annual sales, revenue and profit budgets, as well as other targeted goals.
- Drive cost effective sales working with store assistants and department managers to produce and maximize sales and profits, reduce shrink and improve each store department’s contribution.
- Regularly discuss store-level financial performance to include developing budgets (e.g., sales, shrink, labor expenses, other expenses) and other targeted goals (e.g., safety) with store assistants and department heads
- Understand and react to the competitive landscape within the district and store.
- Utilize coordinators and other field staff to enable store departments to achieve financial goals and ensure communication, implementation and execution of division marketing plan.
- Promote and support strong relationships with local community organizations that the store serves.
- Build a proactive and productive relationship with union officials.
- Communicate all necessary information to store associates enabling them to effectively carry out their duties.
- Responsible for store staffing, retention, and reducing turnover.
- Manage labor and supply costs on a daily basis to meet customer service and financial targets.
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations and division policies.
- Ensure safe behaviors are being followed by all associates.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge, Compliance and Skills – Achieve a satisfactory level of technical and professional skills; keep up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Ensure associates and location complies with laws and regulation applicable to the company.
- Supervise and coach direct reports on the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Possess high school degree or equivalent.
- Have successfully completed the applicable Division’s Management Training Program.
- 3 years of experience and satisfactory performance appraisals as a co-manager or in another position within the same pay level or above.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Supervisory responsibilities
- Financial responsibility including budget preparation and management
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
States: Alabama; Tennessee
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: AL || Huntsville || 6070 Moores Mill Rd || 35811 || Kroger Stores || None || Store Management || Employee || Exempt || Full-Time || None