Requisition ID: 248880
Bechtel has a long tradition of technical and engineering excellence in supporting multiple industries. Our people use their ideas and ingenuity to create innovative, practical, and cost-effective solutions for our business and customers.
Bechtel’s construction teams are proud of their role as builders, completing projects around the world – often under difficult conditions in challenging locations. Supervisors, superintendents, and field engineers are the on-site pros who bring a project to life. There is a world of career opportunities for Construction professionals at Bechtel, including field engineering, project estimating, scheduling & cost control, and craft supervision.
Bechtel is synonymous with construction. We have been a construction-driven company from the beginning. The industry is constantly changing, and the challenge must be met with innovative, self-starting field engineers who possess strong technical backgrounds and the ability to develop working relationships throughout the many facets of the organization.
The total number of hires and start dates are subject to workload and business conditions. Locations will vary based on project needs.
Field engineers at Bechtel provide technical direction to superintendents, craft workers or subcontractors to complete our projects safely, efficiently, and cost effectively, while meeting required technical and quality standards. As a field engineer at Bechtel, you’ll have the opportunity to work in flexible roles in the office, on site or a mixture of both.
General Job Duties
Construction interns are typically responsible for:
- Supporting the team to achieve project goals and milestones
- Helping coordinate contractors works through planning and execution
- Providing technical input on site as appropriate
- Monitoring construction activities to ensure quality, project schedule adherence and compliance with
- drawings, and specifications and codes, through regular inspections
- Conducting site visits for the purpose of producing daily reports of the work and/or subcontractor activities
- Preparing punch lists to track incomplete work
- Maintaining the highest level of safety awareness and ensure all tasks are completed to the highest safety
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s of Engineering (BEng) degree program in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) at an accredited college or university
- Possess the right to remain and work in the United Kingdom without sponsorship now or in the future
- Ability and willingness to relocate and/or travel to domestic and/or international project jobsites
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s of Engineering (MEng) degree program in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) at an accredited college or university
- Prior co-op or internship experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.