Requisition ID: 240604
Requisition Posting End Date: [[req_postingEndDate]]
2022 Student Internship (Chile) – Environmental Sciences; Occupational Safety; Industrial Hygiene
Bechtel is a global engineering, construction, and project management firm with a long tradition of technical excellence in supporting multiple industries and mega-projects that have significant complexity. Our employees use their ideas and ingenuity to create innovative, practical, and cost-effective solutions for our customers. Bechtel’s internship program was created to cultivate real-life industry interest based on hands-on experience. Many new university graduate hires began their careers at Bechtel as a student intern.
Bechtel has a strong commitment to protecting people and the environment as part of its mission, and is known for industry leadership in Environmental, Safety, and Health (ES&H, also known as HSE). ES&H teams are comprised of three distinct disciplines that collectively support our ES&H Management System. This includes environmental scientists, safety professionals, and industrial hygiene scientists. Collectively they perform planning, site and risk assessment, field work, monitoring, training, and data management. Interns assist our ES&H professionals under supervision of a mentor who specializes in one of the ES&H disciplines.
The total number of hires and start dates are subject to workload and business conditions. Locations will vary based on project needs and may include offices, facilities, or construction sites located throughout Chile
General Job Duties
ES&H interns may assist with a variety of tasks, including:
- Review of technical documents and permits, and assistance with technical support services;
- Site assessment and planning of mitigation and controls in response to identified field conditions;
- Preparation of technical reports, training documents, and presentations;
- Site inspections and monitoring for compliance with program and regulatory requirements;
- Strategies for program improvement and employee and stakeholder engagement; and
- Data collection, management, and trend analysis.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university or college obtaining a BS or MS degree in one of the following disciplines: 1) Environmental or Biological sciences with a technical emphasis on natural resources, field biology, or related subjects; 2) Occupational Safety with an emphasis on construction; or 3) Industrial Hygiene or Occupational Health
- Completed at least two years of undergraduate studies;
- Eligible to work and remain in Chile without sponsorship;
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills;
- Ability and willingness to relocate, travel and stay in project camps; and
- Adaptable and able to work in a field environment under various outdoor and site conditions.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university or college, professional institutes obtaining a degree in a discipline as described under Basic Qualifications;
- Interest, training, and experience in applied sciences;
- Ability to research and interpret regulatory requirements;
- Skills in data management and statistical analysis; and
- Technical writing skills.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.